The Ghana Grains Council (GGC) is a private sector-led initiative formed in 2010 with funding from (The United States Agency for International Development (USAID). It is a body formed by leaders in the grain business with the aim of intervening in the grains value chain to achieve improvement in productivity, quality and greater commercialization of the industry with its core objective to promote the development of the grain industry through the development and use of the Warehouse Receipt System (WRS), facilitate grades and standards and ensure increased productivity for the grain industry.
The office is based in Dworwulu, Accra Ghana.
Job Title: Technical Team Lead
Report to: The Executive Council
Job Status: Full time Employment
Duty Station: Accra
A leader with both technical and managerial experience to develop and implement a sustainability plan to position the secretariat as a revenue generating center through the GGC membership via the Membership Value Proposition (MVP) and sourcing grant fund support and events sponsorship from corporate bodies. Team leader’s role is most critical in consolidating the certified warehouses operations to integrate approved community warehouses into the GGC warehouse ecosystem. A key team player in engaging with Government and other stakeholders to create a business enabling environment for GGC member’s businesses and to promote the growth of the grains industry in Ghana.
- Developing and managing activities for revenue generation
- Fundraising with donor institutions
- Corporate Planning and Management
- Agri-business Development & Marketing
- Membership relationship management
- Capacity building, training & policy – advocacy
- Preparation of Technical Reports on monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- To develop plans and oversee their implementation for revenue generation to the Council
- To solicit grant funding to support the Council, through the preparation of technical proposal and budget.
- To expand the membership growth of the Council through intensified membership care visits, promotion of Council members’ business interest. In addition the collection members annual subscriptions fees.
- To provide timely reports to the Executive Committee on quarterly basis.
- To contribute to the development of strategies that will enable GGC to be adequately resourced to undertake appropriate roles and responsibilities and to deliver efficient and effective services to the Council members.
- To build relationships with Public Sector Institutions i.e. ministries, departments and agencies, as well as with the development partners (DPs) and DPs funded programs.
- Represent the GGC at meetings with external stakeholders as required.
- Responsible for compliance of the GGC’s Rules & Regulations by warehouse operators and their operations as licensed GGC certified and approved warehouses.
- To conduct capacity building & training for warehouse operators and their staff under the GGC – WRS.
- Minimum of first degree in agriculture or agric-economics or agri-business
- Experience in planning and managing commercial and profit-making ventures
- Good inter-personal skills to develop and manage all internal and external business relationship of the Council.
- Demonstrated ability to design comprehensive manuals for training purposes
- Good analytical and decision-making skills to develop promotional strategies (i.e. proposal writing) to secure grants funding.
- Working experience within the agriculture value chains, the agribusiness or development industry, etc.
How to Apply
Applications along with CV’s should be sent via mail to the address: email@example.com or by courier or delivered to the address below in person not later than Friday, June 15th, 2018.
The Office & Administrative Manager
Ghana Grains Council
Tel: +233 302 909 038 / +233 277714851
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.